Freyhof, Abdullah, Ararat, Ibrahim and Geiger 2016
Type locality: Subterranean waters, Little Zab River, Sulaimani province, ephemeral spring in the Tabeen Gorge at the slope of the northernmost Piramagrun mountain, about 800 m east of the village Kanishok, Iraq (35°50'3.40"N, 45°6'22.14"E).
Also known from Tabin stream, Sulaimani Province, Kurdistan, Iraq (35.8336N, 45.104544E) (Abdullah 2021).
The true habitat of this species is not known. The animals were discharged from a newly opened spring, previously unknown, during a major storm event on 31st March 2016. The size and nature of the groundwater body which holds the population are not known.
Abdullah (2021) collected 38 samples of E. proudlovei which were populated by the monogenean Trematode Gyrodactylus angorae Ergens and Ibragimov 1979. They were found on the skin, fins and gills.
Many individuals, probably in the hundreds, were washed out of the habitat during the storm event that revealed the species. It is possible that this was a major part of the total population.
As above only.
- Juberthie, C. and Decu, V. (2001)
- Freyhof, J., Esmaeili, H.R., Sayyadzadeh, G. and Geiger, M.F. (2014)
- Jouladeh-Roudbar, A., Vatandoust, S., Eagderi, S., Jafari-Kenari, S. and Mousavi-Sabet, H. (2015)
- Freyhof, J., Abdullah, Y.S., Ararat, K., Ibrahim, H. and Geiger, M.F. (2016)
- Hashemzadeh Segherloo, I., Ghaedrahmati, N. and Freyhof, J. (2016)
- Mousavi-Sabet, H., Vatandoust, S., Fatemi, Y. and Eagderi, S. (2016)
- Teimori, A., Mostafavi, H. and Esmaeli, H.R. (2016)
- Esmaeili, H.R., Mehraban, H., Abbasi, K., Keivany, Y. and Coad, B. (2017)
- Vatandoust, S., Mousavi‐Sabet, H., Geiger, M.F. and Freyhof, J. (2019)
- Abdullah, Y.S., Abdullah, S.M.A. and Hussein, R.H. (2020)
- Freyhof, J., Kaya, C. and Ali, A. (2021)
- Abdullah, Y.S. (2021)
- Malek-Hosseini, M.J., Fatemi, Y., Esmaeili, H.R., Lokovšek, T. and Kuntner, M. (2022)
- Ciçek, E., Jawad, L., Eagderi, S., Esmaeili, H.R., Mouludi-saleh, A., Sungur, S. and Fricke, R. (2023)
|Juberthie, C. and Decu, V.||Book Section||2001||Irak|
|Freyhof, J., Esmaeili, H.R., Sayyadzadeh, G. and Geiger, M.F.||Journal Article||2014||Review of the crested loaches of the genus Paracobitis from Iran and Iraq with the description of four new species (Teleostei: Nemacheilidae)|
|Jouladeh-Roudbar, A., Vatandoust, S., Eagderi, S., Jafari-Kenari, S. and Mousavi-Sabet, H.||Journal Article||2015||Freshwater fishes of Iran: An updated checklist|
|Freyhof, J., Abdullah, Y.S., Ararat, K., Ibrahim, H. and Geiger, M.F.||Journal Article||2016||Eidinemacheilus proudlovei, a new subterranean loach from Iraqi Kursdistan (Teleostei: Nemacheilidae)|
|Hashemzadeh Segherloo, I., Ghaedrahmati, N. and Freyhof, J.||Journal Article||2016||Eidinemacheilus, a new generic name for Noemacheilus smithi Greenwood (Teleostei: Nemacheilidae)|
|Mousavi-Sabet, H., Vatandoust, S., Fatemi, Y. and Eagderi, S.||Journal Article||2016||Tashan Cave a new cavefish locality for Iran; and Garra tashanensis, a new blind species from the Tigris River drainage (Teleostei: Cyprinidae)|
|Teimori, A., Mostafavi, H. and Esmaeli, H.R.||Journal Article||2016||An update note on diversity and conservation of the endemic fishes in Iranian inland waters|
|Esmaeili, H.R., Mehraban, H., Abbasi, K., Keivany, Y. and Coad, B.||Journal Article||2017||Review and updated checklist of freshwater fishes of Iran: Taxonomy, distribution and conservation status|
|Vatandoust, S., Mousavi‐Sabet, H., Geiger, M.F. and Freyhof, J.||Journal Article||2019||A new record of Iranian subterranean fishes reveals the potential presence of a large freshwater aquifer in the Zagros Mountains|
|Abdullah, Y.S., Abdullah, S.M.A. and Hussein, R.H.||Journal Article||2020||Biodiversity of fishes in Sulaimani Province in Kurdistan Region, Iraq|
|Freyhof, J., Kaya, C. and Ali, A.||Book Section||2021||A critical checklist of the inland fishes native to the Euphrates and Tigris drainages|
|Abdullah, Y.S.||Journal Article||2021||Gyrodactylus angorae (Monogenea: Gyrodactylidae): First occurrence on the body of two Nemachilid fishes from Iraq|
|Malek-Hosseini, M.J., Fatemi, Y., Esmaeili, H.R., Lokovšek, T. and Kuntner, M.||Journal Article||2022||A new locality for the blind loach, Eidinemacheilus smithi (Teleostei: Nemacheilidae) in Iranian Zagros: A morpho-molecular approach|
|Ciçek, E., Jawad, L., Eagderi, S., Esmaeili, H.R., Mouludi-saleh, A., Sungur, S. and Fricke, R.||Journal Article||2023||Freshwater fishes of Iraq: a revised and updated annotated checklist—2023|